the determined

Spending a month in Texas, and not a lot to do on my agenda, I've taken to a hardcore exercise regimen.

I'd started off with jogging but no sooner had I conquered a mile than a vicious detractor reveals the, I'm-sure-completely-fictious fact that doing so on pavement will make your innards (specifically your womb) drop out and trail along the asphalt.
Not being particularly safety-conscious, superstitious, or fixin' to bear children this year or the next, I continue my hazardous jogging. Although I'm beginning to fancy I can feel something slinging around inside.
I'm hoping it's just a stray spleen.

Next, weight-lifting. This is my favorite part because I get to stand in front of a full length mirror with pieces of sweaty metal in my fists and grunt satisfactorily while watching the wiry tendons in my shoulders ripple much like those of a young jungle boys'.
Okay, so reality might look more along the lines of a young, straining, albino bandicoot named Pinky -- but it's just not the mental picture I'm trying to give here.

Besides, given a month, there's no telling what I'm capable of.

The future is plump with promise.

Comments

roselle said…
someday you'll believe me. and your offspring will have to pay the price for your disbelief.
don't say i didn't warn you...


:D your awesome...yea
i hate all you good writers. ......................................................................................................................................................................
Okay fine.....I don't hate you....

Popular Posts